Sunday, October 17, 2010

We have a Lucy!

How Far Along:


22 weeks :-)

Best Moment This Week:

We found out the gender!  We are having a little girl!  Lucy Ann Kosakowski :-) 

Cravings/Aversions:

Same..pasta, pasta, pasta.  Oh, and McDonald's breakfast.  I was really good this week though and snacked on a lot of carrots so that I didn't go overboard on pasta. 
Gender:
Girl!
What I miss:

I actually want to really work out.  I have been missing that, believe it or not. 
What I'm looking forward to:

Putting the nursery together.  I already cleaned out the room and have ordered her crib bedding set.  It is so cute, pink elephants and flowers.  Josh's dad was here this morning to look at the room and I think he is going to primer it this weekend so we can paint it the appropriate colors, pink and beige.  Its fun to plan...I have never reached this stage before. 

Emotions:

I am thrilled this week.  I have been on cloud 9.  I have a new outlook on a lot of things!

Weekly Wisdom:

Stop setting myself up for disappointment by not creating delusions of grandeur.  Josh was wonderful when we found on the gender, but then I was picking at every little thing...like when we went shopping to buy Lucy a present and he really wasn't looking, just following me around, I got mad.  Why wasn't he more into all this "Daddy's Little Girl," stuff?  I harped on him and created a fight, and our night was ruined.  I just need to back off and not romanticize how "things are supposed to go."  And just let them be. 


Anything Else to Share:

Well, I thanked God for a healthy girl.  Not that I wouldn't have been ecstatic with a healthy boy, but a girl makes my experience with Gabriel so much more real.  I know its real, but now, its for sure real that I have a daughter, and I had a son.  I was worried that if the baby was a boy, with my due dates being so similar that people (and maybe even myself) would just trade my experience with Gabriel with the new baby boy- like I got what I had, only a year later.  I don't know if I am making any sense here, but I hope you get the gist of what I mean.  Instead, with Lucy, its undeniable that she is different, not only in gender but in experience.  A girl makes Gabe's existence that much more of a reality.  He is going to be a big brother! 

4 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Congratulations on your precious baby girl. AND I love the name Lucy, as my Grandmother was Louise and was often called Lucy :)

    As for loving pasta and Mc Donalds breakfast, well I am sharing those with you! I look forward to every Sunday morning, as hubby goes on a Mickey D's run for pancakes or a Bacon, egg and cheese McGriddle :)

    So happy that you are doing well! Sending love and many prayers to you on this joyous day.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!!! and i TOTALLY get the "different sex" thing..... makes complete sense to my brain and heart.

    so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute---Lucy :) So happy for you! And it does make total sense about the gender. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on Lucy!! Super stoked for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete